Friday 23 January 2015

Welcome to Room 18, Year One class with Miss Osborne!

The title says it all...welcome to my class! As I write this I have just finished my first ever week 0 as a teacher. Week 0 entailed a HUGE effort of preparing my classroom for the first day of school (next Tuesday, eep!) and now 
I'M DONE!
I would love to share a few photos with you on my progress over the week and final photos of my classroom, keep scrolling and reading!
I began with, what I like to call, an empty square. 

It looks really empty but I had a whole lot of stuff piled up on the side ;)

So on Monday of week 0 I came into my room to start the big move! (I was invited to come in on Monday to start prep even though teachers aren't actually meant to start until Thursday of week 0, yes, yes I know over-preparer).

The first thing I moved was my desk only because it was the only thing I was certain I had a spot for! By the nice sunny window :)
About 2-3 hours later everything had a place and looked a bit like this...
The large furniture all had a home! Now it was time for the finer details and decorations! Come at me laminater!
By about Wednesday afternoon my room started looking like this...
Outside my door: Welcome sign above door, "Where is room 18?" sign, Room 18 letterbox and a beautiful quote about being a classroom community. 
 

Inside the door! Starting to take shape. Don't mind the massive boxes full of stationery on the tables. The stationery order came and it was truly like Christmas all over again!


And the view from behind my desk!

Now Thursday and Friday of week 0 are mostly made up of training and development so not a lot of time was delegated to doing the final fix ups on the room so....I conned my lovely, amazing mum to come help me this afternoon!

                              Love ya mum!

And now for the final pictures of my 100% complete room after we added the final posters and details AND after my mum scrubbed the desks for me...again woman you're the best! 
Here we go... (there is a lot of pictures, I'm excited okay!)

Do you think I like blue? Maybe?

Tricky word wall and chill out zone/ reading area.
 
Class computers.
 
Front of the room for floor time and interactive whiteboard learning. With a step platform for those little year one's to reach it!

Whiteboard at front of room. Also 3 tubs are for home folders, literacy folders (homework is reading daily) and communication books.
 
The daily routine with times. Some magnets and our class roles and responsibilities list. 

My very sad looking classroom library. More to come!

Class calendar.
 
Book of the week!
 
Class birthday cupcakes with candles! 
(THANKS ROXIE!!!)

Front view of my desk.
 
Looking from behind my desk towards the door.
 
Looking down the side of the room towards the conferencing desk where SSO's can work one on one with students or students can do pair reading etc. Many uses!

Useful stationery such as scissors, glue sticks, rulers, pencils, coloured pencils, textas and sticky tape. Boxes for construction underneath.

Looking from door. Thanks mum for the gleaming table tops!
 
Looking from the conferencing area out towards chill out area.
 

My whole work area. Not that I will be here much mostly around the room teaching!




And there we go! Welcome to Room 18, Year one with... me!
I hope you liked it feel free to leave a comment etc. I'd love to hear them.

Let's finish this blog post with how it started...


Wish me luck with my first week of full time teaching!


Bye for now,           
Kirsten :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!!!! You can tell you put a lot of prep and hard work into setting up your class!!! It's colourful, bright and organised. You should be so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment!